What is a caching plugin and how does it increase my WordPress performance?
WordPress is a database-powered platform that generates content dynamically.
The more content and plugins you have the more database requests are executed. This can slow down your site’s performance, especially when your database is located on a different server.
A cache plugin like Borlabs Cache saves the dynamically generated content as a static file on your server’s storage. When the page is requested, this static file is loaded and send to the visitor, which is dramatically faster than the regular database requests. But that is not all. Your pages contain a lot of unnecessary whitespace or HTML-Comments, which only increase the overall size of the page, but are not important for your e.g. layout or design. Borlabs Cache removes all of them and uses GZIP to compress your page, which saves your and your visitor’s traffic.
These are just some examples, what Borlabs Cache does to increase your site’s performance.
Borlabs Cache Features
- Caches every page, post, feed, category, tag, etc.
- Define individual cache lifetimes for home, categories, pages, posts, feeds, custom post types, etc.
- Automatically refreshes the cache…
- …the post…
- …the archive…
- …what ever you want…
- …a comment was written
- …a post was published
- …ever you want
- Exclude from caching by…
- …query string
- …path, e.g. /dont-cache.html, or with regular expression
- …post type
- …user agent
- Complete header management
- and much more…
- Merge CSS files into a single file
- Minify and compress CSS
- Optimize Google Font embedding
- Compress HTML
- Remove HTML-comments
- Remove unnecessary whitespace
- Miscellaneous Settings
- Disable WordPress meta-generator tag
- Disable third-party meta-generator tags
- Disable emoji
- Disable feeds link
- Disable manifest
- and much more…
- Database Optimization
- Fragment Caching: keep parts of your site dynamic and not static
- Security Headers: Content-Control-Policy, XSS-Protection, and much more
- View Cache: See all cached pages and get statistics about them page. Remove or refresh a specific page of the cache
- Cache Preloading: Keep all your pages up-to-date. Your customers always get your content super fast
- Cache Presets: Different cache settings for every kind of website like eCommerce, magazine, corporate, etc.
- Multisite: Individual cache settings for every site of your WordPress Multisite installation
- Multilingual: Works with WPML, qTranslate, and many others
- Ecommerce: Works with WooCommerce, automatically excludes cart & checkout by default with our eCommerce-preset
- CDN: Use your favorite CDN like StackPath (MaxCDN), KeyCDN, CloudFlare or any other