What is WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery?
WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery is a WooCommerce extension that helps you to recovery unfinished orders in your store. When a customer adds a product to the cart but does not complete check out. After a scheduled time, the cart will be marked as “abandoned”. The plugin will start to send cart recovery emails or Facebook messages to the customer, remind him/her to complete the order.
Capture Abandoned Cart
When a user adds a product to the cart but does not check out. After a selected time, the cart will be marked as “abandoned”. WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery will capture the cart information include: add to cart date, customer email address, added to cart items, cart total, cart status and IP address. Then using this information to contact the customer, offer a discount, and request him/her to complete check out.
- Track member cart: track the abandoned cart of logged-in users on your site.
- Abandoned Cart time for Members: set the time from when a member has the last action with his cart till when the cart is marked as abandoned.
- Track guest cart: track abandoned cart of guests on your site.
- Abandoned Cart time for Guest: set the time from when a guest user has the last action with the cart till when the cart is marked as abandoned.
- Abandoned Table: abandoned carts will be saved in the plugin back-end. And you can check the records at any time. The records provide information about time, username, email, item quantity, cart total price, items list, status, reminder logs, customer IP, and country.
- Cart status: abandoned cart has 2 statuses abandoned and recovered.
- Reminder logs: the reminder logs option allows you to check the email and FB message send abandoned cart owner.
- Exclude: exclude the username of persons who you don’t want to track their cart.
Request email pop-up
A pop-up will appear when customers click add to cart for the first time, request them to fill in an email address to complete the add to cart action. After getting an email the pop-up will not reappear and users can add products to the cart normally. And the email address will be automatically filled in the checkout form when the customer goes to the checkout page.
- Appear on: Choose pages where you want the request email pop-up to appear. Single product pages, shop page, cart page.
- Required email: choose if you want to require an email address to add products. If this option is turned off, customers can close the request email pop-up to add products to the cart.
- Dismiss time: set a time for the pop-up to reappear after a customer closes it.
- Redirect after add to cart: when customers fill in an email and add the product to the cart. You can choose to redirect them to the cart or check out page.
- 2 templates: the pop-up has 2 built-in templates for you to change the front-end layout.
- Change front-end text: you are able to change the text message on the pop-up.
- Change pop-up color: all pop-up text, background, add to cart button colors can be changed in the plugin backend.
Send Recovery Emails
The plugin sends recovery for abandoned carts and abandoned orders. When a cart or an order is marked as abandoned, the plugin will send a recovery email to the email address that the customer filled in the request email popup. Asking them to finish check out the cart and offer coupons if it is necessary.
- Send recovery email to members: choose if you want to send a recovery cart email to logged-in users.
- Send recovery email to guests: choose if you want to send a recovery cart email to guests.
- Send recovery email with abandoned orders: you can set the plugin to send recovery emails to owners of failed, canceled, on hold or pending payment orders.
- Email templates: you can create many email templates and schedule to send them at different times.
- Send email rules: set up to send different recovery emails at different times.
- Reply-to address: set up a reply to the email address. If customers reply to the recovery email, the reply email will come to this address. By default, it is the admin address.
- Offer coupon: you are able to send coupons along with recovery emails. With each email templates, you can choose to send an existing coupon. Or let the plugin generate unique coupons with given values. You can set up the generated coupon will all WooCommerce coupon options.
Send Facebook Message
The plugin will display a “Send to Message” tickbox under the add to cart button on single product pages. If customers tick on this box before adding the product to the cart. The cart will be recorded and the plugin will send a recovery message to the customers on Facebook message. Recovery messages include text and a link to the checkout page. If customers click on the link, they will be redirected to the checkout page with their abandoned cart. This option requires a Facebook fan page and a Facebook app to work.
- Accept Facebook message to add to cart: a “Send to Messenger” tickbox will appear under the add to cart button in the product page. The plugin will send recovery cart messages to the customer’s facebook if he/she doesn’t complete checkout.
- Set up Facebook messages: you can set up many messages with different texts.
- Send message rules: schedule to send different messages at different times.
- Language: choose the language which you want to display the “Send to Facebook” tickbox on front-end.
You can send SMS messages to customers who have abandoned carts. When a customer fills in their telephone number on the checkout page but does not complete checkout. The plugin will send recovery SMS messages with a link to the checkout page to the phone number.
- Send SMS for abandoned carts: the plugin will send recovery SMS when customers filled phone numbers on the checkout page.
- Send SMS for abandoned orders: the plugin will send recovery SMS when an order is created but be marked as failed, pending payment, canceled or on hold.
- Create multiple messages: you can create multiple messages to send for abandoned cart and abandoned orders
- Sending rules: schedule to send different messages at different times.
- Shortcodes: the plugin provides a shortcode to display the customer name and link to the checkout page in the SMS.
- Connect with Twilio: to send SMS you need to register for a Twilio app and recharge money. Connect the Twilio app with WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery using App ID, App Secret, and From number.
- Bit.ly config: the plugin use the bit.ly link to shorten the checkout link. You need to register for a bit.ly API and get an Access token.
- More SMS providers: Nexmo and Plivo SMS providers are available.
- Abandoned Order status: This allows you to choose which orders will be sent recovery SMS based on status. You can choose in the list: failed, pending payment, canceled, or on-hold orders.